Beaches in Chalki
The Beaches in Chalki are short in length but their water is crystal clear. There are many beaches to explore on the island, some accessible only by boat or on foot.
1) Pontamos is the only sandy beach on the island. It is a 10-minute walk from the port on an asphalt-paved road. The beach has sun beds and umbrellas and you can find a tavern just by the beach.
(36° 13΄ 20.29΄΄Β - 27° 36΄17.09΄΄Ε)
2) Ftenagia is a beach located southeast from the port. It is a small rocky beach, just a 15-minute walk from the port and also accessible by car. The beach has sun beds and umbrellas and you can find a tavern just by the beach.
(36° 13΄ 02.05΄΄Β - 27° 36΄57.60΄΄Ε)
3) Kania beach is located north from the port and is accessible on foot (25-minute walk) or by car. On the beach you will find sun beds and umbrellas and a canteen.
(36° 14΄ 03.34΄΄Β - 27° 37΄07.16΄΄Ε)
4) Giali is a small beach covered with big white pebbles and located at the south part of the island. It is accessible on foot, by car or by boat. There are no facilities, so make sure you buy your food and drinks before getting there.
(36° 13΄ 03.01΄΄Β - 27° 34΄16.55΄΄Ε)
5)Trachia is a beautiful beach accessible only by boat. A thin strip of land goes into the sea and creates two scenic beaches.
(36° 12΄ 54.44΄΄Β - 27° 35΄01.97΄΄Ε)
6)Areta beach is located at the western part of the island and is accessible only by boat.
(36° 14΄ 43.80΄΄Β - 27° 35΄57.21΄΄Ε)
7) Dyo Giali beach is located at the western part of the island and is accessible only by boat.